3 Reasons the GE Multilin 850 Feeder Management Relay Will Benefit Your Company
Multilin continues to impress with quality Feeder Protection Systems with the Multilin 850. This iteration offers enough improvements over the existing SR 750/760 or 735 protection relays to warrant an upgrade to your system. Today, we’ll highlight what’s new in the system and how it can benefit you and your company.
- Updated Technology and Design
The 850 features a full-color Graphical Control Panel (GCP) with two customization options. You can choose either the 10 or 3 Programmable Push Buttons with 12 programmable LEDs. The new screen makes it much easier to read critical status updates and measurements. The 850 added Switchgear Control and an SLD. The SLD holds up to six (6) pages for comprehensive switchgear control of up to 3 breakers and 9 disconnect switches; including interlocks. Up to 15 digital and metering status elements can be configured per SLD page.
- Reliable Protection and Control
The 850 offers reliable protection and control for your feeder system. As you’d expect, the system covers:
- Advanced breaker diagnostics with high-end fault and disturbance recording
- High-end cyber security such as AAA, Radius, RBAC, and Syslog helps enable NERC® CIP requirements
- Draw-out design simplifies testing, commissioning, and maintenance, thereby increasing process uptime
- Wi-Fi connectivity minimizes system configuration and provides safe relay programming and diagnostic retrieval
- Relay environmental diagnostic information helps reduce system downtime
Integrated Arc Flash Protection with self-monitoring and diagnostics gives peace of mind. Metering and diagnostics include:
Breaker Health Monitoring showcasing:
- breaker close and breaker open times
- trip circuit monitoring
- spring charging time
- per-phase arcing current
- trip counters
Environmental Monitoring for temperature, humidity, and transient voltage. Comprehensive data-logging and breaker arcing current.
- Cooperative Services and Support
Have you had issues dealing with retrofitting an existing relay in the past? We apologize if this triggers any adverse memories! Thankfully, Multilin offers a less painful solution with its Retrofit Kit. If you own a 735, 750 or 760, the Retrofit Kit allows you to install the 850 without modifying existing cutouts and wiring. No drawing changes or re-engineering time means potential downtime is significantly diminished!
The Multilin 850 Feeder Protection system is a great option for anyone seeking advanced protection and diagnostics. The added features make this a worthwhile addition to any arsenal. Get in contact with us today to find out how to get this latest release for your company’s needs! You can also call us at 615-828-8028!